Saturday 6 December 2014

21st Battalion Commemoration update

Things are moving along for the 21st Battalion commemoration in Kingston set for May 5 2015. I recently got good coverage in the local paper on my uniform endeavours. To see the article look up Tim Soper Whig Standard and click on "Wears history well". As I've said before on my blog it is acquiring uniforms for both nurses and infantry that is my main task, and this means funding. An idea we are developing is a means by which interested donors can contribute by giving toward the purchase of even one needed item, such as puttees, which cost only $16 a pair. More on this later.

I've also started producing 21st Battalion cap badges. These cap be purchased for $30.00 each. Alternatively buy two for $ 35 and make one a donation to the uniform fund to be worn at the May commemoration. I also need to make appropriate Medical Corps badges that will become a part of the fundraising drive.

Interested donors can contact me directly at my email address timothyjsoper@gmail.com 

And while I'm thinking of it I'll  offer a free cap badge for every donation of $250.00 or more!
I hope we can get this under a charitable donation umbrella. I will post updates on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment